Delft IMP (Intensified Materials Production) commercializes nanostructuring of particles using atomic and molecular layer deposition (ALD and MLD), based on the patented and publicized IP and know-how developed within the Product & Process Engineering (PPE) group at Delft University of Technology. Following various feasibility projects between industry and university, Delft IMP was initiated end 2014 to truly commercialize the technology.
Our unique capabilities
Delft IMP has a unique approach that ensures carrying through implementation of production intensification all the way through full-scale installations:
- Use of fluidized beds at ambient pressures, enabling use of standard industry equipment, and no need for expensive vacuum equipment as used with traditional ALD techniques
- Continuous production of coated particles
- Based on a dry process, no additional separation processes required
- Close collaboration with Delft University of Technology, allowing scientific challenges to be easily overcome
- Joint development project approach, allowing input from both customer and Delft IMP to come to a successful product